Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 months later...

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien has a way of reassuring me that it's okay to have a bag packed in the trunk of my car.  Or that I'm not completely insane for always looking up prices for plane tickets and day dreaming of the time when Ill be out again....wandering...

It has been a good while since Ive posted on this blog.  The last time we spent time together I was writing from Nigeria, I was processing all that had happened over the course of 5 months and I was dreaming of what life was going to be like once I came back home.  Looking back on my entries, its been almost another 5 months since I last wrote.  So much has happened, so much has changed.  Yet, I'm still the same...I still have the same longing to go and I believe the Lord will call me out again, it's just a matter of time.

I managed to get back into the swing of things pretty quickly once I returned to San Diego.  Within a month I got a job at Ashford University as a Student Services Coordinator and while I stayed sleeping on my sister's couch for about 4 months, Ive just moved into my very own apartment in downtown La Mesa. I know, I'm all grown up!!   Ministry has started back up again, my book club is still going strong, I am now a Pintrest fanatic and I am continually amazed by the grace of God, and the love He has been showing me through the people He has brought into my life, new and old.

My goal this year is to continue to live out the adventures that God has placed in my heart.  What does that look like, you ask? Well, I'm not too sure, but I believe as I continue to rely on Him daily and ASK for revelation, He will be faithful to show me.  I am going to be finishing up my degree for now and I am looking into getting certified to be a Doula (birthing coach) in case you were wondering.  I just celebrated my 29th birthday and although the thought of 29 brought chest pains and tears, I am excited for what this year will bring.

As adventures come Ill try to keep this blog updated.  I do realize that my life isn't as fascinating as someone that's sailed the world or created their own clothing line, but I AM looking for adventures...and I'm determined to find them.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment