Monday, June 13, 2011

beginning stages of a blogger...

Hello to everyone and anyone who is about to embark on this journey with me.  I'm new at blogging and I am not the best typer, writer or communicator, so in advanced...I apologize for all the misspelled words, grammatical errors or anything else that might cause the perfectionist in you to scream at me.

For those of you reading this, you are most likely a close friend or family and someone who is praying for me and financially supporting me with this call that God has placed on my life.  Before I start rambling on let me say THANK YOU.  Without your love and support I wouldn't be sitting here, preparing to leave in 5 short weeks and dreaming with expectation of what the next 5 months hold for me.

I titled this blog "BE NEAR" based off of my favorite Psalm.  Psalm 73:28 says, "But as for me, the nearness of God is my good.." and a few verses earlier the Psalmist writes, "my heart and my flesh may fail, but God is my strength and portion forever." My hopes is that while I blog and write and share all that God is doing and showing me in Nigeria, that these words would become evident in my life and I pray in yours as well.  Also, this blog is created with the purpose of having you feel near to me and I to you.  Though we will be thousands of miles apart, I want to share with you how God is moving in Nigeria and my desire is that I would be a vessel, an ambassador, a bridge of knowledge for you to truly SEE & even experience God's love for the people of Nigeria.

I'm humbled and grateful for all the love that has been poured out to me over the years.  I'm excited to start this journey and absolutely stoked to share it with  you!! 

Thank you Father for allowing me, for choosing me and for calling me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment